“I Check Cheddar Like a Food Inspector”- Spicy Southwestern Mac ‘N Cheese
Alright, I love a lot of different kinds of food. But, one food I would never be able to live without is cheese! I absolutely love cheese (as long as its not a stinky or blue looking kind). When I came across Cabot Cheese, I was hooked! They have several different flavors, all which are equally delish! Also, all of the Cabot cheddar cheeses are lactose-free (which is great for me!).
So in order to get my Cabot cheese fix this week I made spicy southwest macaroni and cheese. This recipe is packed with Pepper Jack and Chipotle Cheddar cheeses! Yum!
What You Need:
3/4 Box of pasta (I used Rotini)
1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Flour
3/4 Block of Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese (shredded)
3/4 Block of Cabot Chipotle Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
1 1/2 Cups Milk
Morningstar Farms Crumbles
Taco Bell Mild Salsa
1. Cook pasta according to package. Set aside. Then, in a large pan melt the butter on low heat. Once the butter its melted add the flour. Stir the butter mixture until it begins to bubble and foam. Next, add the milk. Combine the milk, butter and flour together and break up any chunks of flour.
2. Next, add the shredded Pepper Jack and Chipotle cheeses to the milk mixture. Continue stirring on a low heat.
3. Then microwave the Morningstar farms crumbles for about 1 1/2 minutes. Add about 1 tbsp taco bell salsa to the crumbles. Mix together then add to the cheese mixture.
4. Then add the cooked pasta to the cheese and crumbles mixture. Make sure to combine the pasta and cheese sauce well.
5. Transfer pasta into an oven safe dish. Top the pasta with extra Pepper Jack and Chipotle Cheese. Broil in oven until the top of the pasta crisps.
*Want more protein and southwest taste? Add black beans and Cabot’s Habenero Cheddar (This stuff is HOT!)
**Be sure to check out Cabot Cheeses in your local grocery store! Want more recipes with Cabot Cheese? Email me and let me know what you’re in the mood for!